Ultimate solution for drainage of the St. Andrew’s Church in Kiev in Kiev is one of the St. Andrew’s Church – also known as Andreevsky’s Church – one of the symbols of the city. At the same time it is also with the architectural wonders of the world. Because the important historical buildings in the slides had come, work on the security and reconstruction began in August 2009.
In the meantime, the works are largely completed. Came to ensure a long-term functionality and stability of the system for the wall drainage the high highly tensile resistant and permeable geosynthetics of brand DuPont? DuPont Typar use. Andreevsky Church was built in mid-17th century to a design by F. B. Rastrelli, a famous Russian architect with Italian roots. It is the only building of this architect in the Ukraine, which was included in the catalogue of the “1000 wonders of the world” published in Germany in 2002. In the course of their history, the St. Andrew’s Church is been patched repeatedly but always only partially.
For many years, they were Earth Nr.31, mass on the slopes the main threat to the St. Andrew’s Church represents. To save the building, were the slopes “wedged”: they planted trees with reaching deep into the ground, forked roots. To prevent further slipping away of the Church, saving reconstruction on the basis of a project of the Kiev design office “UkrNGIproektrestavtatsiya” started on August 14, 2009. At this point, the master company “Osnova – Solsif” had brought already piles, as well as a reinforced concrete truss in the ground and started with the reconstruction of the walls. Because the Hill on which the St. Andrew’s Church was built, has strongly changed by erosion, historic geometrical parameters had to be restored to the location backup. The reconstruction measures is concentrated particularly on preventing the further erosion of the slopes, as well as the creation of a drainage system.